OBD Code P0113 Intake Air Temp High 2.2 CRD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OBD Code P0113 Intake Air Temp High 2.2 CRD

Post  FlyingSaucer on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:41 am

My engine management light (MIL) came on and my Cruiser lost power ,economy and started 'hunting' when idling. I bought a cheap OBD2 scanner and it came up with P0113 Intake Air Temp High. I cleared the code, but every time the car got to operating temperature it came back on. The scanner said the IAT was -48 F when faulty (bottom scale). The Earth, 5 and 12 volts to the MAF/ IAT sensor all checked OK. I also fitted a new air filter in case it was clogged ,but the fault remained ,so I bought a replacement MAF sensor (£50 Ebay) , but the fault reoccured. The IAT measures 4.7K ohm to earth straight out of the freezer, and falls to 2.5k ohm at room temperature, so I replaced the IAT thermister with a 2.7k ohm resistor and the car runs fine with no MIL light, although economy may suffer. I suspect that as the IAT sensor resistance drops it draws more current from the PCM/ ECU and the PCM gets hot and bothered and fails. If the PCM is faulty I would imagine the car would be a virtual write off. Is there anything else I could check ?

FlyingSaucer

Back to top Go down

Re: OBD Code P0113 Intake Air Temp High 2.2 CRD

Post  skyrocket on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:11 am

Checked the turbo pipe? I had the same on mine...turbo hose was split (didnt cause the code but didnt help)....bought a reader...kept getting p0113...cleaned the maf...no joy..swapped it for a known good one...no joy...changed the air intake temp sensor.. £20 ish from pt company...job done

Located here

Pictured from below the front of the engine looking up...grime was from split turbo pipe

skyrocket

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top